Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2020

The Key to Aging

We all age but we have to keep styling!


If you are reading this hoping to find the fountain of youth, sorry, I have no answers . I try to believe that I am only 26 when I am 66. It amazes me. How did this happen? 

I think it had to start three years ago when I was on a football field and one of the football players said excuse me ma’am do you want me to help you carry that.  I replied “ No, no I am fine.” I love seeing politeness.  But ma’am? Did I hear right?  Yikes how old do I look? He was  so young. I did start noticing that the coaches seemed a lot younger than before. The players seemed very young.

When I started in the field of  photojournalism the coaches seemed  so old, so did the teachers the newscasters, lawyers and doctors. It's not true anymore.

A year ago, I am buying a movie ticket. The clerk charged me the senior price.
 I deny being that old. I figure it must be because, Jack is with me. He is six years older than me.  I deduct that has to be the reason. A month later it happens again and I am alone at the time. So all that denial didn’t help me one bit. 

 I keep looking in the mirror for that old person, she’s there but mentally I don’t see it. 

 I can really use  the senior discount. I am on Social Security. I almost choke when I say  those two words, S-o-c-i-a-l  S-e-c-u-r-i-t-y. How did I get here?  

But the alternative is…you guessed it. I am above ground for the grace of God.  So  many I know have passed and never reached the ripe old age of 66. I know that each day is a gift. It humbles me. So I decided to take a step in the aging process.

I applied for  my Septa Key so I can travel on the buses and the trains in Pennsylvania for free and half price in New Jersey and Delaware. Here is the link:   https://www.septa.org/fares/discount/seniors-ride-free-info.html

 It was my way of accepting my age. Aging has a lot of pluses. Being positive is the true key. See you on the train.  

Keep Styling
  Annie Neborak

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for light in Daylight Savings       I  don't like daylight savings. I  want light streaming through my windows. I want to walk o...