Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Transiting from Ice Cream to Pumpkin Latte


Photo by Alex Geerts on Unsplash

With September comes new challenges, new opportunities, and schedules that quickly fill our days and nights.
 September brings me sadness for summer is fading and winter is not that far away.
 September brings me joy, too.

As a child I would get lost in the stationary section of the store.  Even now I love to go into Staples searching for notebooks, folders, markers and all the latest technology.  Ready for new beginnings and new adventures that the school year brings.
Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

The burning of leaves, the 
cooler crisp air at night, and drinking  pumpkin latte is all  part of this season.

Here is a recipe for  Pumpkin Latte:

Start by heating milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar on the stove. You can use whole, 2 %, skim, or dairy-free milk. Coconut or almond milk would be delicious.

2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree,
1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
1/2 cup strong hot coffee
Whipped cream, for serving

Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but do not boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee.

Divide the mixture between two mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle with                                                                    pumpkin pie spice.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Planting mums and carving  pumpkins, wearing cashmere sweaters and flannel shirts- Fall is here and I am embracing it with this blog.

 I am in the autumn of my life  so it is only fitting that I begin anew.  On this journey I will  explore places to go, fashion trends, home decor and living life  to the fullest!

So I hope  you  will join me on this road of
discovering  the good life.

I  look forward to your comments, suggestions and ideas.

Keep on Styling!!!
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for light in Daylight Savings       I  don't like daylight savings. I  want light streaming through my windows. I want to walk o...