Search This Blog

Monday, November 6, 2023


Looking for light in Daylight Savings



      I  don't like daylight savings. I  want light streaming through my windows. I want to walk outside and feel the sun on my face and the shadows of dusk in the evening. But it is November 6 and I am looking out at darkness before 6 p.m. I look forward to December 22. Every day is a little brighter. 

     Maybe, it's because as I age I don't drive as well at night which seems to shorten a productive day. With darkness comes colder weather. And sometimes I feel like a bear who wants to hibernate

     But as in all things in life, you have to find positive things about darkness and cold.

So here is my list. See if you agree:

Hot Chocolate

Fleece lined hats

Pea Jackets

Wool Scarfs

Cashmere Sweaters

Cosy slippers

Homemade Chili

Eagles Football ( just put in your favorite team)

Cuddling up with loved ones to stay warm

Decorating the Christmas Tree

The Mummers (a Philadelphia Tradition)

Waking up to the stillness of a snowy morning 


3 comments:

  1. I totally agree Anne. You are not only an accomplished photographer, but a beautiful writer also!

    ReplyDelete

Looking for light in Daylight Savings       I  don't like daylight savings. I  want light streaming through my windows. I want to walk o...